Inner Beauty Matters

Namaste friends!

How are you all doing? I hope you all are in high spirits and creating new things.

There is a challenge going on iridescentsecrets and each month they feature an artist. Taking inspiration from their work we have to make a project and submit.

This month's featured artist is Mallika Kejriwal. Her work is fabulous. WHile going through her work I came across a tea pot which she made very beautifully.

My daughter had a big tea pot for a very long time in which she use to keep her kitchen set. Now she has outgrown that and we have decided to upcycle it. I wanted to give her the message that 'Inner Beauty Matters'. So I decided to use this quote so that she can focus on that whenever she reads it.



This Tea Pot is a plastic one. I gessoed all over it and then next coat with White paint.
I applied the desired pink and Blue/teal for the next layer to give the shabby chich look.
This tea pot has groove inside it so deicided to decouapage. As I had to put the quote mentioned above so thought to go with the vintage girl pic.


After that I did stenciling and used teal color to highlight the window with the girl.
After this I have used splashes of the desired color.


Also, I used a lace to give the veil effect to the girl. After seeing that my daughter was after my life to paste her pic instead of the girl :D.

Then I started embellishing my project with die cuts, flowers, elements, art stones etc.
I hope you will like my roject as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Few closeups of the projects






Entering This project in following challenges.

Prika

More Than Words Challenge
I want to tell my daughter -"Hello dear!  Focus on your inner beauty always. Develop a strong, confident and invinsible self. Your Eyes are the windows to your soul." 


Thanks for visiting and Happy Crafting!
Aditi

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful project, but to get a chance on one of our beautiful prizes, you have to add the challenge board to your blog. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure adding the challenge board...Thanks for reminding

      Delete
  2. Projects like these steal my heart! There's so much to love... the stunning way you upcycled an old plastic teapot... the beautiful words you have said to your daughter. (I have to agree with your daughter... her picture on there would make this even more special!!) Really, really love what you've done for our June challenge at More Than Words! Thank you for sharing this project with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh - this is stunning! I absolutely love your recycling and the gorgeous colours you've used. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. I love your interpretation of the challenge.
    Thank you for joining us at MTW this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow absolutely amazing, thanks for joining with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project :) Karola Prika DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project.. Thanks for joining us at Prika challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice alteration of the tea pot, so glad to see u joined in for the blog challenge at prika!! Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Bottle cover and pencils into mix media Vase

Quilled Rakhis